This project for today is also for the iCopic Blog's Tuesday Tips and Tricks segment.
Let's get started:
Here's the full project:
- This adorable snowman is from the SP and Company Falling Snow stamp set.
- I cut out the snowman shape using the Falling Snow Snowman SVG Cut File, then I stamped my little snowman onto the die cut shape I had created.
- The sentiment is also from the Falling Snow stamp set.
- I used the following Copics from iCopic.com:
- For the snow: BG0000, BG02, and BG011
- For the scarf, hat, and candy cane: R27, R46, and R59
- For his nose: YR09
- I added some extra sparkly snow with the AtYou Spica Glitter Pen #08 Turquoise.
- I added some extra sparkles to the candy cane with the AtYou Spica Glitter Pen #21 Lipstick.
- His buttons were colored in with the AtYou Spica Glitter Pen #23 Pitch Black.
- The patterned paper is from the Seasons Greetings Paper Pad from Echo Park. I cut a scallop into one of the patterned papers using the Stampin' UP Scallop Border Punch.
- To finish off the card, I added a little bow using some Cherry Divine Twine.
Here is a closer look at my coloring (ignore where I went outside the lines, OK?):
Today's Copic Tip:
Don't underestimate the power of good Copic paper!! There are lots of Copic quality papers out there, find one that you like and that works for you, and stick with it. Use the same kind of paper all the time when you are Copic coloring because then you will get consistent results (and start to color better and better). If you just use any old paper, or swap out your papers often, then you will have trouble becoming a Copic MASTER! So same paper, all the time.
Shop with me anytime 24/7 at SP and Company! If you need any help, be sure to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter (in the sidebar)!